It’s been a week of changing fortunes, but Dean Herridge, Glen Weston and the Maximum Motorsports Subaru Impreza have completed Targa Tasmania 2009 in 6th place.
Putting aside the disappointment of yesterdays tyre penalty, Dean set a series of top-five stages times to
climb past the Porsche 911 of Matt Close and claim 5th place claim 6th place in the Modern category. (5th May Update: After stopping at the scene of Kevin Weeks’ crash, Dean was given a derived time for TS36, meaning he finished two seconds behind Matt Close). Although the pre-race gamble on medium compound tyres didn’t work out (thanks to drier than expected conditions), the result was a typically professional one, Dean and Glen working to ensure the #993 Subaru Impreza made to the finish line in Hobart.
The other three Maximum Motorsport entries also completed Targa ’09; the father/son pairing of Graham and Cameron Furness in 24th, Graham Iddles and Paul Hopwood in 36th, while Rob Herridge and Anthony Chudleigh recovered from their day 4 ‘off’ to claim 43rd place.
Dean’s attentions now turn the Chinese Rally Championship and Rally Shanghai, the first of two tarmac events on the CRC calendar, which begins at the end of May.
Final Results – Modern Category
1. Quinn / Tillett, Nissan GTR, +10:35
2. White / White, Lamborghini Gallardo, +16:33
3. Vandenberg / Vandenberg, Lancer Evo IX, +16:46
4. Quinn / Feaver, Lancer Evo IX, +17:03
5. Close / Reeves, Porsche 911 Turbo, +18:52
6. D Herridge / Weston, Subaru Impreza STi, +18:54
24. Furness / Furness, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, +40:06
36. Iddles / Hopwood, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, +59:49
43. R Herridge / Chudleigh, Subaru Impreza WRX STi, +5:25:21
Photos courtesy of Targa Tasmania.